Pepper Winters Interview 2013


Before I get started with the interview i would like to thank Pepper Winters for taking the time out from writing to do this with me, she is one of my favorite authors.



What is the hardest thing about writing ?
  • Actually focusing and ignoring the online world. I suck at cutting myself off. I'm a procrastinator so pretend I have so much other important things to do when really I should be working on my manuscript. lol

Have you ever had writers block ?  - if so what got you through it

  • Yes. I have but I take a break, go for lunch, or take the day off. I keep a notebook on me at all times, so when I'm out I normally get some crazy ideas and I jot them down to make sure I never forget. I normally get re-energized and can't wait to get back to writing.

Do you read much or at all ?
  • I read too much! I'm always on the go with quite a few books. I prefer writing and reading over every other hobby. It got so bad when I was little that I was grounded for reading too much. lol

If you do read who/what are your favorite authors/Genre ?
  • I love all genres and both non-fiction and fiction. My favourite author is Laini Taylor for her style of writing, but I also love many different artists for their ability to pace and draw you into a story.

Do you read your books review ?
  • I read all the ones on amazon. I tend not to go on GR's much. I've had my heart broken a couple of times--not from reviews, but the comments that go on in the review thread. I don't mind critique, it's what helps me grow as a writer, but I don't like reading comments. It feels like I'm eavesdropping.

If you were asked for advise from a aspiring writer what would you tell them ?
  • Keep writing, keep improving. Spend time building a network of people who believe in you. Never give up, even on your darkest days and if it's your dream, keep your passion alive at all times.

Which Authors inspire you ?
  • I really look up to authors who have come out of nowhere. E.L James brought erotica to the masses. Jean M Auel did amazing research for her books. I value the qualities of each individual.

Tell us a bit about yourself
  • I'm a workaholic. Up until recently, I had four jobs. I now have three but I've taken time off them to focus on writing Quintessentially Q for a month. I don't want to let my readers wait too long J

How does it feel to have your work published ?
  • Very cool. I couldn't wait to press the button. I love the freedom of self-publishing and the support of the amazing bloggers.

Do you still like writing as much as you did when you first started ?
  • Yes. It never diminishes. Some days are harder than others, but it's the story that dedicates that. Some days it's a hard place to be in the manuscript and others it's a breeze.

Where is your favorite place to write if you have one ?
  • I write in our lounge. Either at the kitchen table or on the couch by hubby. I don't like to be far from him. I'm such a sap J

If you werent writing what else do you be doing ?
  • Renovating houses. But my ultimate dream is to write for a career and I'll keep doing that until I can quit all my other jobs J

What is your comfort food ?
  • It's not really a food but Coke Zero makes me happy. J

Do you use a Pen name or real name ?
  • I use a mix of my real name and pen name J

Do you listen to music when you write ?
  • No. I have to have complete silence. No talking to me. No music. Nothing. Otherwise my brain can't focus at all.





10 Quick Questions

Chocolate - White / Dark / Milk

White

Pets - Dog / Cat / Bird / Fish

Rabbit

Hair - Long / Short

Long

Getaway - Mountains / Beach

Beach

Holidays - Easter / Xmas / Halloween

Xmas

Movies - Horror / Comedy / Romance

Romance

Wine - Red / White

None. Yuck. Lychee martini

Season - Summer / Winter

Summer

Meal - Fast Food / Home-cooked

Home-cooked

Favorite Ice cream -

Don't have one. Don't like milk based products. Give me strawberry licorice though and I'm your friend for life J
Thanks so much for having me on your awesome blog, Haloangel Reads! You've been such an amazing support of my work and I can't thank you enough. xx


Author Links





No comments